What's the deal with alpha-hydroxy-acids (AHAs)? For a while there, we couldn't get influencers and bloggers to talk about anything else - and now?
It can be hard to keep up with the trends in the skincare industry, but certain tried and true ingredients always come back in fashion. This is totally accurate for AHAs. Even before the influencers, AHAs have been a powerful component in skincare regimens. Today, we're here to remind you why you still need an AHA in your skincare routine.
There's a variety of acids that are considered part of the alpha-hydroxy-acid family, but some of the most popular include Lactic Acid, Glycolic Acid and Citric/Ascorbic Acid. Each one is unique in the way that they treat the skin, but all of them provide a form of chemical exfoliation. After applying an AHA treatment and sloughing away dead cells, you'll be left with brighter, healthier-looking skin, and if that isn't reason enough to snag an AHA product then here are a few more.
Over time, the use of an AHA will provide firming and hydrating properties to your skin. By exfoliating your face (on a schedule that works for your skin tolerance), all of those other incredible skincare products can now penetrate deeper and perform more effectively. We're sold! Want to learn more about exfoliating? Check out last week's blog post here.
There's a reason why our AHA Cream is one of the top-selling products of our entire collection - we've even had shoppers lined-up out the door at our Yorkville Boutique to snag a jar for themselves. Our founder, Ann Marie, wanted to make sure all skin types had an AHA product that could work for them so she created 3 products: Super C, AHA Cream and AHA Gel with unique formulas to suit your skin's needs:
- Formulated with Lactic Acid
- Perfect for sensitive skin and those fresh to AHA's and chemical exfoliants
- Gentle enough in low concentrations but still leaves your skin glowing
- Infused with Hyaluronic acid and Vitamin E to help soothe and hydrate your skin
- Formulated with Glycolic and Salicylic Acid to help combat acne and excessive oil production
- Excellent for acne-prone/oily skin types, as well as, normal/maturing skin types
- A more advanced AHA with higher anti-ageing properties
- Addresses enlarged pores and the overall tone of your complexion
- 100% Vitamin C (L-Ascorbic Acid)
- Mix it in your AHA Cream or Gel for the ultimate glow
- Reduces the look of sun damage and hyperpigmentation
- UV and temperature stabilizing bottle to keep the formula fresh and effective
Which one of our AHA-bombshells do you use? AHA Cream, Gel or Super C? Let us know in the comments below!